Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-AP1572EAC-E-K9 dosen't work fine

Luigi Gnerre
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everone,

I have a problem on seven external (campus external) AP.

This AP doesn’t reach the captive portal but the internal campus working fine

The difference between the external and internal AP is:

• Model
    • AIR-AP1572EAC-E-K9 for external AP

• AP Mode
    • Flex connect for external AP
    • Local for internal

LuigiGnerre_0-1680249025933.jpeg

The wlc version is 17.3.2a

Someone have an idea where is the issue?

Luigi

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...This AP doesn’t reach the captive portal but the internal campus working fine
  - The above sentence is a bit confusing   , APs don't use the captive portal themselves , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Prince.O
Spotlight
Spotlight

As @marce1000 stated , your sentence is a bit confusing as the clients are the ones that get the captive portal. With that being said , i'm guessing you are stating that clients cant get the captive portal outside on the outdoor Ap , but the indoor clients work fine . 

Since the outdoor Aps are in flexconnect mode, one thing to confirm is are the indoor and outdoor Aps using the same policy profile ? 

- If it is different , what is the settings on the policy profile for the flexconnect Aps ? 

- What DNS servers are the clients outdoor getting vs. indoor clients ? 

Rich R
VIP
VIP

1. Update your software as per TAC recommended below.

2. As @marce1000 usually likes to remind people - use the output from "show tech wireless" to check your config on https://cway.cisco.com/wireless-config-analyzer/

3.  Have you done a radioactive trace on a client trying to connect to one of the external APs to understand what stage it is failing at?  A packet capture can also be useful.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card