Views
Helpful
Replies

Air-AP3802I-B-K9 || users are unable to access internet when connected

ceciliok
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Engineers,

i have a cisco wireless access point Air-AP3802I-B-K9. When users connect to they don't get internet 

The following steps have been taken:

Initially, the port on the switch changed and monitored yet the issue persisted, with the AP's IP address exhibiting intermittent Reachability Timeouts (RTOs).

Subsequently, two new cables were substituted in an attempt to rectify the issue. However, despite the cable replacement, the problem persisted, with RTOs persisting intermittently over time.

Further troubleshooting involved swapping the problematic AP with another operational AP port. the issue persisted with the originally problematic AP, while the replacement AP operated seamlessly on the same switch port.

Please help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- As far as Internet access is concerned ;  check if the client is getting an IP address . Internet access is not related to AP or cable problems , of course the AP should have normal network connectivity too (the AP  itself should be free from any networking issues)
             If the problem is on a single AP only you may also try rebooting it (e.g.)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- As far as Internet access is concerned ;  check if the client is getting an IP address . Internet access is not related to AP or cable problems , of course the AP should have normal network connectivity too (the AP  itself should be free from any networking issues)
             If the problem is on a single AP only you may also try rebooting it (e.g.)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Rich R
VIP
VIP

the issue persisted with the originally problematic AP, while the replacement AP operated seamlessly on the same switch port
I think you've diagnosed the problem for yourself - faulty AP?

Have you checked for crash files and checked the logs on that AP?

What model WLC are you using and what version of software is it running?
Software should be up to date as per the TAC recommended links below to ensure you're not encountering known, fixed bugs.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card