cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Air CAP1532E - Autonomous Mode

MichaelSeitz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am a novice, very little experience with Cisco Wireless.  My question is:  how do I tell if the AIR CAP1532E is already in autonomous mode?  Does it reset on a power cycle? I have 2 each new AP and I can't get either to properly execute "ap#capwap ap autonomous"  I get the invalid input detected on the "a" in capwap.  I am at a loss. I have in the past 3 months been able to run capwap on new equipment without any issues.  Appreciate any and all help !!! Mike

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
My question is:  how do I tell if the AIR CAP1532E is already in autonomous mode?

You need to console into the AP.  

Use the command "sh version" and look at the IOS version as well as the section called "Product/Model Number".  

If the "Product/Model Number" states something like "AIR-CAP" then the AP is running controller-based IOS.  

Converting the AP from controller-based IOS to autonomous IOS is very simple:  

Using a TFTP Server to Return to a Previous Release

I appreciate the help, Rasika and Leo.  Both of the cap1532s display when I enter ap#config t.  I do get a menu when I access help from there.  SO then, I can proceed with configuration?  This is just so confusing at this time of my experience.  

I do get a menu when I access help from there.  SO then, I can proceed with configuration? 

Yes, you can go ahead & do your configuration. Are you trying to configure this as Bridge ?

Let us know if  you require further assistance.

Also do not forget to rate our responses, if you find them useful.

HTH

Rasika

Since you alrady got "ap:" prompt,that indicate it is Autonomous. As Leo said, if you run "show version" & see if the image name contain "k9w7".  In that way you can confirm.

otherwise you can simply type "config t" & see if that accept. Only Autonomous AP should accept that

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card