ATTENTION: We are currently working an issue with posting. Thank you for your patience while we work on a resolution.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1100ap & clients behind 1310 workgroup bridge

cctnetwork
Level 1
Level 1

I have clients that connect via Aironet 1120ap which is behind a 1310 workgroup bridge. The workgroup bridge connects to 1310ap. The problem is clients will dhcp and have connectivity for a short period of time then complain of no network. Upon testing, the clients are still associated and, as long as they still have proper address, can ping the 1100ap and ping the workgroup bridge but not the ap that the workgroup bridge is associated with and hence cannot get to gateway, etc.. Resetting anyone of the 3 radio intefaces and traffic flows again for a short period of time then above scenario. The clients are not only 350 aironet clients but Intel and Linksys.

2 Replies 2

r-simpson
Level 3
Level 3

This document addresses some of the major issues you encounter when you try to establish a radio link between elements of a wireless LAN (WLAN). You can trace problems with the radio frequency (RF) communications between Cisco Aironet WLAN components to three root causes:

Firmware and driver problems

Software configuration problems

RF impairments that include antenna and cable problems

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_tech_note09186a00800948cb.shtml

The problem seems to be fixed thanks to Papu @ Cisco TAC. I suspected that there was a problem with the 1310ap (actually configured as root-bridge w/clients) keeping track of the "parentage" of the clients associated to the 1100ap and probably should have thought of trying this myself, but after changing the role of the workgroup bridge to non-root bridge it all worked. In this configuration the root does not have to keep track of clients behind non-root. My only question is, what are the benifits of workgroup bridge mode over non-root bridge?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card