Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1242 connectivity

Good evening,

I have an aironet 1242, It must be connect to an DSL using a static Public IP, and this AP must provide dhcp services, could you please help me on how to configure this access point in order to be connected to Internet using Public IP and provide dhcp service.

It is a standalone access point.

Thanks

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<
4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is how you can setup dhcp for wireless clients. The AP will not do NAT so you will need a router connected to the dsl.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

kcnajaf
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Looks like Scott has missed the link :-)

A typical DHCP configuration on AP would be as below.

ip dhcp pool TEST

network 192.168.61.64 255.255.255.224

default-router 192.168.61.94   

lease 1

!

Since you have a DSL service i hope you already have a router/modem which can do NAT funtion..

Also in your case you want the AP to be configured with static public ip and hence i would assume the dhcp scope is also going to be public ip range.

Hope that helps

Regards

Najaf

Please rate when applicable or helpful !!!

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Eduar,

As per your query i can suggest you the following solution-

To configure this access point in order to be connected to Internet using Public IP and provide dhcp service.The AP can do NAT with the help of router taht is connected to DSL.

Please refer the link for more information-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.2_13_JA/configuration/guide/s13adm_ps4570_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html#wp1057097

Hope this will help you.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card