cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

aironet 2702i led cycling red-green-off after association with controller

RCL886012
Level 1
Level 1

I just installed a aeronaut 2702i with 2504 controller. The AP seems to be registered ok, status on the controller displays registered and up. I can connect to the newly created SSID. However the LED on the AP is still cycling red-green-off. I read in the manual that this means the AP is still in discovery mode. Any thoughts on what might be going on?

8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post the complete output to the following commands:

1.  WLC:  sh sysinfo; 

2.  WLC:  sh time; 

3.  AP:  sh version; and

4.  AP:  sh ip interface brief

I don't have easy access to terminal right now, I will get them as soon as I can. But here's some additional information.

I'm running version 8.0.115.0 on wlc and iOS version 15.3(3)JA3$

Attached is the system status and interface screenshot.

On statistics -> AP join, I kept getting unsuccessful discovery request due to missing AP interface manager. Would this be related ?

I kept getting unsuccessful discovery request due to missing AP interface manager. Would this be related ?

No it wouldn't.  

So this AP is currently joined to the WLC?  If so, if you go to the Advanced tab and look under LED, what is the settings?

It looks like it's an issue with Universal AP and AirProvision. The AP is reporting to be unprimed with region code UX. The red-green-off cycling is consistent with the following document

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/ux-ap/guide/uxap-mobapp-g.html#pgfId-87976

Now the question is how to get it provisioned without a smartnet account. Any ideas ? 

I have exactly the same problem. How did you solve it?

Lars V, RCL886012 posted instructions to prime a UX access point.

Here is a shortened version, refer to the document for more information.

You create a WLAN for provisioning on your controller (WPA2 PSK)

Checkmark Universal AP admin support on the advanced tab

Install the Cisco AirProvision app on your smart device.

Open the app, log into your cco account.

Connect to the AP that you are provisioning (it will only broadcast the PSK ssid)

Complete the country code selection in the provisioning.

All other APs that come online within range of the primed AP will auto provision.

Good luck!

Yes, but the problem is that the Cisco AirProvisioning app doesn't connect. It just spins indefinite with "Logging into Cisco CCO server" msg. Nothing happens...

You must be connected to the internet to login with the CCO account.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card