Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 3800i Not showing SSID in FlexConnect Mode

alex.fana1
Level 1
Level 1

Aironet 3800i Not showing SSID in FlexConnect Mode

We recently deployed the 3800i APs and some APs work and properly show the locally switched SSID, but the majority of the APs do not. We have checked our switching and everything looks good. Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Per TAC (I have now done this yet but makes sence)

So it looks like TKIP is your issue here.

The new APs that support Wave2 11ac do not support TKIP, and each of the SSIDs that is failing has it enabled under WPA.

Conversely, the working SSIDs do not have TKIP enabled.

Moving forward, please disable TKIP under the failing SSID’s Layer2 Security settings, and let me know if this helps or not.

(I am trying to find out how to see what clients are connected at this time that use TKIP...they will not operate after I change WLAN) you guys have ant ideas on this)?

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

sstade
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue.. only 2 of my 5 SSIDs will connect to the new 3802i APs I installed earlier today..

See above, it's the TKIP.

Cheers!

d.friday
Level 4
Level 4

Alex,

Are your APs in an AP group ?  is so did you configure the WLAN under the AP group? 

Can you please provide more detail on your setup ?

Thank you

They are in an AP group but not a flexconnect group. This morning I took down 2 operating 3702i. I connect up 2 - 3802i and only 2 of my 4 SSIDs will connect

Hi D.,

I have a 5508 with ios 8.3.102.0, my APs are configured with FlexConnect groups and are part of the WLAN AP group. We have 2 locally switched SSIDs, the 3800s are the only APs having issues.

Cheers!

Per TAC (I have now done this yet but makes sence)

So it looks like TKIP is your issue here.

The new APs that support Wave2 11ac do not support TKIP, and each of the SSIDs that is failing has it enabled under WPA.

Conversely, the working SSIDs do not have TKIP enabled.

Moving forward, please disable TKIP under the failing SSID’s Layer2 Security settings, and let me know if this helps or not.

(I am trying to find out how to see what clients are connected at this time that use TKIP...they will not operate after I change WLAN) you guys have ant ideas on this)?

alex.fana1
Level 1
Level 1

Correct!

Thanks for all the help.

Cheers!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card