Views
Helpful
Replies

Another AP1200 - WEP - DHCP issue

andrewleki
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Since a was browsing through this forum I noticed that there are lots of problem with DHPC request and the AP 1200. Well here is another "simple" problem

One "out of the box" AP1231

Upgrade to IOS : c1200-k9w7-mx.123-2.JA2

Configuring SSID and WEP 40 bit.

I've got a cisco 802.11 A/B card and a G card also.

Authenticating to the AP but the cards just don't get a IP from our DHCP server !

When I add a 128 bit WEP key on the AP and create a new profile on the PC everythings seems to work just fine.

Is there an issue with DHCP and a 40 bit WEP key?

Since I need to use a 40 bit for some old terminals whoes wireless adapter only support 40 bit I really would like to see this fixed.

Cheers,

2 Replies 2

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

I do not see any problems with DHCP and WEP 40 bit WEP keys. If you are running any of the EAP protocols try disabling them and check.

andrew.brazier
Level 4
Level 4

I've had similar problems. What I eventually found was that the web based config utility was not writing the line to the config.txt the defined the WEP key. If you made further changes to the security config it would eventually write this line, clients would associate and get DHCP addresses.

What makes this problem really puzzling is that the AP says these clients are "associated" despite the fact that the client has a WEP key and the AP does not.

This may not be the answer in your case but it's something I've run into more than once.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card