Views
Helpful
Replies

AP 1242 is falling

KauyGabriel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

It was installed an AP 1522 as RAP, in a mesh network composed for AP's 1242.

At the time that AP is connected on the network,  all other APs 1242 fell.

Anyone chan help me?

Thanks, Kauy.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're not supposed to connect 1242 in Mesh mode to a 1522 afaik.

View solution in original post

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.0MR1/configuration/guide/cg_mesh.html#wp1829428

It clearly shows indoor mesh for indoor APs and outdoor mesh for 15xx as 2 different things.

Now I agree that it could clearly state that a 1242 cannot connect to a 1500. I am convinced of it, although I'm not mistake-proof :-) But I'm reasonably convinced.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're not supposed to connect 1242 in Mesh mode to a 1522 afaik.

Thanks for the anwser Nicolas, but do you kwon why?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.0MR1/configuration/guide/cg_mesh.html#wp1829428

It clearly shows indoor mesh for indoor APs and outdoor mesh for 15xx as 2 different things.

Now I agree that it could clearly state that a 1242 cannot connect to a 1500. I am convinced of it, although I'm not mistake-proof :-) But I'm reasonably convinced.

Thank you Nicolas, but we have APs 1242 connected  to 1500 in mesh mode. The problem is, when we connect with the 1522 as RAP, It makes just the mash APs1242 falls.

Any suggestions?

Actually 1242 APs will connect to 1522 APs in a mesh configuration, however the 1242s will prefer another 1242 and only connect to a 1522 RAP if they have to.  I'm not sure why Cisco did this, because 1522s are expensive, bulky, and hard to power.  We're using 1242s as MAPs and 1522s as RAPs in a couple of situations and they work fairly well, although if Cisco would remove the software block on 1242s preferring a 1522 as a parent it would work a lot better.

Spanning-tree portfast not being disabled on the switch port where a mesh AP is connected will cause the ports to err-disable on one end when two mesh APs link up.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card