Views
Helpful
Replies

AP country code question.

DuJin0509
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

1.Could you advise if the AP country code must match the configured WLC country code? Assuming my AP country country code is China, the WLC configured country code is Pakistan, they are in same regulatory domain, could my AP join the WLC successfully ?

2.if anyone could share the overall country channel list with me ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Leo,

The AP model is 1130, doesn't exist in the link...

The AP model is 1130, doesn't exist in the link...

That's because the 1130 is an old, old model and the webpage has removed APs which Cisco no longer sells.  

If I remembered correctly, PRoC's regulatory domain should be "-C". 

Tausif Gaddi
Level 1
Level 1

Controllers and access points are designed for use in many countries with varying regulatory

Requirements. The radios within the access points are assigned to a specific regulatory domain at the factory (such as -E for Europe), but the country code enables you to specify a particular country of operation (such as FR for France or ES for Spain). Configuring a country code ensures that each radio’s broadcast frequency bands, interfaces, channels, and transmit power levels are compliant with country-specific regulations.

Refer : http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-4/configuration/guides/consolidated/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED_chapter_01110111.pdf

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card