Views
Helpful
Replies

AP coverage in WLC

Francho02
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon;

They have some experience in being able to configure the frequency coverage in the AP cisco, I have a WLC where I administer, the ground floor I can see that the coverage is very wide and from the exit to the street you can see the ssid;
I would like to regulate the coverage in the APs.

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You could configure manual TPC, but by default it's auiomatic together with DCA. My advise is not to be bothered too much with such issues, especially if your intended Intranet-clients require authentication to use the particular SSID.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I agree… leave it alone unless you know the impact of the changes you will be doing. Wireless is over the air, you can’t tell the system not to provide coverage in an area where the rf is available. Like Marce mentioned, you can tweak the TPC for the AP’s but you better make sure that you don’t introduce any coverage holes in your environment.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card