cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP drops the internet connection

amralrazzaz
Level 5
Level 5

problem in brief my AP linksys 300N keep drops the internet connection , i have to switch off and on again to solve the issue for while and comes back again

so the problem is from the brand of the AP and if i use cisco wap121 or wap150 my problem gonna be fixed and internet connection will be stable ?

note : the access point linksys 300n connected to 2960 cisco poe 24ports switch 

i have no vlans im using the native vlan

so how to fix my issue ?? if i change the AP brand to wap121 or 150 it will be better and no internet connection dropping ?

amr alrazzaz
12 Replies 12

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
It seems to be an issue with that AP that you have since it stops forwarding traffic not just internet. Is that correct? I guess you need to tell us if internet is the issue or if you can get to local resources is also an issue. If restarting you AP fixes the issue, then any AP would be better. What AP is stable depends on reviews. I would not purchase any AP that is end of sale or support because you probably will not be able to upgrade. That is my opinion.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

can u please recommend for me a good AP that i can bring and if i change this AP  it would fix my issue ?

whats wrong wiht wap121 or 150 ? is they not professional AP  ? they are end of sale and i cant get support or firmwork upgrade ?

the problem is the AP dropping the internet connection and also the local network traffic or becoming slow

note: using cable is working fine and smooth with no issue?

amr alrazzaz

AP stops forwarding traffic not just internet

that is correct yes
amr alrazzaz

restarting the AP is fixing the issue for a while and then back again with non stable connection and all users complains

specially using internet connection (no internet connection )
amr alrazzaz

what kind also of AP should i buy aironet 3800 or 3702 for example?

amr alrazzaz

what do u recommend for me ?

Aironet 1830 Series

Aironet 1815 Series

Aironet 1850 Series

Aironet 2800 Series

Aironet 3800 Series

my company users number around 40 and less than 

amr alrazzaz

If you don't have extremely latency sensitive applications and fairly modern clients, I'd go with the 1830 series with Mobility Express. To load balance the users and to have a little backup, I'd suggest getting two of them and placing them in opposite sites of the office.

hi thanks for your help but what do u mean by sensitive applications ?  and i have small place , and when the office if full of users the maximum is 15 users , so should i bring two AP ?

and what kind of backup should i deal with or what backup do u mean?

any how aironet 1830 is better than what o use (linksys wap300n ) and could fix my issue ?

thanks boss alot

amr alrazzaz

Sensitive applications = voice, real time video, VDI and similar.
On the page before you wrote 40 clients, so I suspected you mean 40 people :) If it's only 15 people, then you should be fine with a single AP.
The 1830 AP (data sheet: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/aironet-1830-series-access-points/datasheet-c78-735582.html) supports the 802.11ac Wave2 wireless standard. This is currently the fastest one on the enterprise market and offers up to 5 times the throughput rate for your clients (if the clients also support 802.11ac). More realistic will be around 2-3 times the speed. Also the CPU is much more performant of the 1830 and will offer much better performance with many clients attached.
So no, you typically don't need 2 APs with 15 clients, but if you require wireless for your daily business, then it's never bad to have a backup (a second AP).

its really great to know .. thanks for your explanation its very useful for me to know 

can i buy aironet 1815 ? it has the same features of 1830 ? if the price is controlling me and by the way how much in the market both 1830 and 1815?

thanks alot 

amr alrazzaz

Please see my answer in your other thread.

can u take a look on attached picture .. i reset the AP and reconfigured again then checked the network working fine for 2 days then its back to same issue dropping network  as attached picture 

so if i change the AP this problem could be fixed ? this ap currently installed in office since 4 years ?  so the problem could be a bug on my device or the power ? 

dont know ??

amr alrazzaz
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card