Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP failed to join

we have this AP  AIR 2802E working as ME(controller), its  firmware is 8.6.101.0 and backup firmware is 8.8.120.0 

But a few AP (2802E) can be upgraded and is working, other APs(AIR2802) cannot be upgraded, so cannot join to ME (controller)

6 Replies 6

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

2802AP which is not joining to ME controller are runing which version of software ?

Mkae sure you have the smae image on all APs.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

AIR 2802 ME controller primary is 8.6.101 and Backup is 8.8.120

Already checked APs firmware, the primary is 8.6.101 and backup is 8.8.120 its work
but the other APs cannot upgrade from the ME(controller) still (primary is 8.6.101and secondary is 8.3.143)

I got it...but as i asked in my first...

which software version you are having on 2802AP(Fialed to join APs) which are not joing to WLC.

which software version you are having on 2802AP(Failed to join APs) which are not joing to WLC.

the primary is 8.6.101and secondary is 8.3.143 Failed to join

if you have same version on all APs then it should not be a problem.

Paste the logs from AP console.

jbaros
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

please make sure all APs have same version as controller. If this is not true, please downgrade the controller (higher version has issues with sync), and then when all APs connect, upgrade WLC back. 

If all have same version, make sure only one AP is controller, and ME capable. Sometimes happens that there are 2-3 WLC with same priority and APs are not connecting to right one.

If this is not problem, check DHCP settings. All APs should be in same subnet, check router if you have ip address helper configured on your interface. Make sure your WLC has static address, and others APs have DHCP.

If this is not problem, switch off interfaces on switch where are others AP connected, and them switch on each interface one by one.

I hope you will make it

Jozef

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: