cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP FlexConnect VLAN Support Management

christianludwig
Level 1
Level 1

I'm wondering if there is an easy way to manage FlexConnect VLAN Support on access points, preferably through Prime Infrastructure.  I have over 9000 access points(half on one controller and half on a second) in FlexConnect with roughly 3 WLANs per AP group and about 300 total AP groups.  When one AP reboots, it seems to "uncheck" the VLAN support checkbox in the FlexConnect tab of the AP, causing clients to have connectivity issues.  

Is there a way I can run a report, such as through Prime Infrastructure, which is monitoring and managing all of these access points, to check for access points that do not have FlexConnect VLAN support enabled?

I realize that I can push out a template to add the VLAN Support to all APs through Prime, but I don't necessarily want to reconfigure all 9000 access points every time one reboots, I just want to find out which access points do not have this checkbox checked.  Plus, through a Prime configuration template, no more than 1000 APs can be selected to push a template to at one time.  Each AP group is in a different subnet, so the only way I could safely push out a template would be to create 300 templates for each subnet and set them all on a schedule.

Does anyone know of an easier way to manage so many access points' FlexConnect settings?

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This has been an issue even back in the days. First I would see if the code your running a long with the AP model has an open bug related to that issue. Now what I have done is use a CLI command template to enable the native vlan along with the wlan to vlan mapping.  This way I just submit the CLI template in Prime since it configured each AP which you really just need. I don't think there is any report to check that. I usually run the show ap config general <ap name> and then parse the data. 

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card