Views
Helpful
Replies

Ap Install on two separate floors

jmp780718
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone.

I have 2 AP on floor 1 and other 2 APs on floor 2 and the WLC is on floor 2, i need to to group the couple of AP on floor one and to group the couple on floor 2, the users on floor one need to balance between the aps on the same floor, and the user on floor 2 balance on the couple of aps on the same floor. And the user on different floor need to be isolated.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, use just the one SSID and let the WLC figure out what is best.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Why do the users on different floors need to be isolated?

The WLC has a lot of very complicated maths in it.  It will work out the best configuration on its own.  You will not do a better job trying to override it manually.

Hi.

i need to avoid that user on floor 1 are not connect on Aps on Floor 2, because the signal of the aps on second floor reach first floor, and client can reach those aps with poor signal, clients on their floor need to connect with the app with strength signal in order to have the best wireless experience. thats my concern.  

Thank you. 

The WLC will take care of this scenario without you having to do anything.  It will also manage the signal strength automatically without you having to change anything.

Hi Philip.

First at all thank you so Much for your help. then the WLC connect the users with strength signal AP independently if i use just one SSDI on both floors?. Just to be sure.

Thank you so much once again.

Yes, use just the one SSID and let the WLC figure out what is best.

Hi Philip.

Awesome, Thank you so much for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card