Views
Helpful
Replies

AP not broadcasting SSIDs

raga.fusionet
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All,

This looks like an easy task but I cant get it to work.

We moved an AP from one room to another one and now it is not broadcasting the SSIDs. The AP is an 1131 AG.

The front unit led is solid red(before it was blue), the ethernet led is green blinking, and the radio led is off.

I can see the AP on the WLC and it has a static IP and everything.

The switch sees it as CDP neighbor and the switchport is configured as trunk.

Dont know what else to check.

Thanks

Raga

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Last resort .. Pull her down. Reflash back to autonmous and then back to LWAPP and see if that helps.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

So you atre using a WLC and ONLY this one AP is not broadcasting ?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

No, the WLC is has been there for quite a while and it is working fine with other APs.

I moved this AP one to a different room and now it is now broadcasting the SSIDs + the front unit Led is solid Red.

Thx!

So the front LED (ring of fire) is solid red. That sounds like a firmware issue.  Have you tried power cycling the AP a few times and if so does it go to a solid red ? If so, i would console into the 1131, reboot the AP and see what the console tells us ..

Yeah I even tried the "reset all the config except the static IP" option from the WLC.

I'll try downloading the image again and see if that works.... consoling into it is kind of hard right now since it is hanging off the ceiling .

I'll keep you posted.

Last resort .. Pull her down. Reflash back to autonmous and then back to LWAPP and see if that helps.

Hey George, it looksl like a physical problem, I plugged it directly to the switch (no Patch panel) and it worked fine.

We'll look into it.

Thanks.

good call ...

it looksl like a physical problem, I plugged it directly to the switch (no Patch panel) and it worked fine.

What switch do you have?

A 2960.

A 2960.

If you plugged the AP directly to the switch and it works, then chances are your horizontal cabling could be "funny".

The 2960 has a built-in TDR that will help you determine this.

Command combo:

1.  test cable tdr interface ;

2.  wait for about 5 to 7 seconds for the test to run;

3.  sh cable tdr int

I recommend you plug the AP to it's original position and from the patch panel, plug the AP to Gig0/1 or Gig0/2.  When you do this, make sure you enter the command "media rj" first before running the test.  When you have concluded yoru test, run the command "media auto".

Yeah that's what we were thinking that the horizontal cabling is funny . We were gonna start checking connectors and all that but your test sounds pretty good. Actually the AP was connected on Gi 0/2.

I'll give it try tomorrow morning and let you know how it goes.

Thanks!!!!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card