Views
Helpful
Replies

AP Radio Module - Autonomous/Lightweight

bilaltahir88
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if there is a way to find out what type of radio module is installed on a wireless ap.

For example: AIR-RM21A and AIR-RM22A or AIR-RM20A

We are trying to move from autonomous to lightweight and need to figure out a way to collect data from remote sites so that we know what equipment will needs to be upgraded.

We are trying to figure out which APs in our environment got AIR-RM21A and AIR-RM22A radios on them since they support WPA 2 and won't need to be upgraded.

My company uses Cisco Prime as well, if anyone know a way to collect the data through this particular software please let me know.

3 Replies 3

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I believe that a show controllers dot11radio 1 will show you that

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

I will have to individually go into each AP though,  we are talking about 300 APs here so I was wondering if there is a better way to pull information for all 300 APs, sorry I should have been more clear on that.

If your AP are being managed by Prime, then you should be able to push that as a script.

Other than that, what kind of AP do you have and what software are you looking at using?

But honestly, if your AP are not at least 802.11n capable I'd probably look at changing them out, as all the clients should support .11n/ac at this point.

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card