cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP randomly disconnects clients

Stevencisco
Level 1
Level 1

When I connect to my Cisco Aironet 1815i mobility express network sometimes my clients get randomly disconnected and it takes a while before they can connect back to the network.

How can I solve this?

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to provide a lot more information than that. 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

What information do you need? I can give you

What firmware, what devices and nic and firmware, what authentication method, have you tried open SSID, has this worked before, how many ap's, any logs?

-Scott

All my Aironet 1815i mobility express are running on 8.10.121.0
As authentication method I'm using Personal(WPA2+WPA3). I tried WPA2 only and WPA3 only but didn't work, even open netwerk is not working properly.

It worked before, but we change our firewall/router from a cisco device to a fortigate d60. After that only the wireless network got problemens. I think the DHCP could be the problem, but on the wired network it works fine. Any way how to debug this?

logs.png

- Have a debug session for a particular client-mac, which you can have analyzed with :

https://cway.cisco.com/tools/WirelessDebugAnalyzer/

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hold up… if there was a change somewhere in the infrastructure and things started to break, then that is where your problem is. If you have not changed anything on the wireless, I would not touch it or try to fix something that was caused by a new implementation. Notify the team of the issue and have them start looking at what they forgot to implement.
-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card