Views
Helpful
Replies

AP Range and signal strength is very weak

Jawad Ahmad
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I'm facing problem in AP. We are using standalone access points, all's working fine but signal strength is very weak. 

Product/Model Number:
 Product/Model Number: AIR-SAP1602E-E-K9
 Top Assembly Serial Number: FGL2035X04H
 System Software Filename: ap1g2-k9w7-tar.152-2.JB2
 System Software Version: 15.2(2)JB2
 Bootloader Version: BOOTLDR: C1600 Boot Loader (AP1G2-BOOT-M) LoaderVersion 15.2(2)JAX, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
AIR-SAP1602E-E-K9
 System Software Version: 15.2(2)JB2

What I need to do solve this problem.

17 Replies 17

ok thanks.

Have you installed all the AP's?  If not, your vendor may be willing to trade them back for the 1602I model, that has the built-in omni antenna, which sounds like what you should have gotten in the first place.

You have no antenna attached at all?  The E models are designed to be used with some form of antgenna, but with nothing attached any signal will be radiated just from the internal connections...  Even the little "stick" antennas will give considerable improvement.

The ADVANTAGE of the E is that you have the capability of "optimizing" the antenna based on your needs.  Simple omnidirectional, to Yagi directional antenna - whatever suits the environment.  But you DO need some antenna or you will get minimal signal.  "I" models have an internal omni built into the case - non-optimal, but simple and normally adequate for many environments.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card