cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP's dropping signal repeatedly

DEMSUPPORT
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I'm having an issue on the network were all of the AP's continually drops the wifi every 1 minute... it lasts for about 3-5 seconds and then everyone is able to browse again. It causes a great disturbance when it comes to video calls and meetings. What's the best way to have this rectified? 

CISCO.png

3 Replies 3

Hi

First of all, how can you make sure that the signal is not being propagated.  I´ve never see an AP stopping transmiting. What might happen is signal variation due interference or distance or obsticle.  Is up to you verify in loco if any of this can be a problem for you.

Clients disconnecting, otherwise, not always is related to signal problem.  Have you looked at Client session to see how long is the session ?  If client is loosing connectivity but client session has long duration, them you may not have RF problem.

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

Do you have any evidence that the APs are not broadcasting the SSID or the signal is dropping? I mean, have you used any RF scanner or spectrum analyzer to check the radio signal from the APs?

I'm seeing this kind of behaviour in the last month from clients using Realtek 8852 adapter. Do clients share the same wireless adapter? Same driver version? Same OS and same patches?

HTH

Rich R
VIP
VIP

And consider updating your WLC to eliminate known bugs:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/wireless-lan-controller-software/200046-tac-recommended-aireos.html#anc3

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card