Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1562D not getting DHCP address

I have 3x Meraki MS120-48 switches with 2x 2802i and 2x 1562d APs connected. DHCP is coming from a Cradlepoint router. The AP ports are trunks with native VLAN 3. 

One of the 1562d APs will not pull an address, and the Meraki reports its address as 192.168.0.101. (Address should be in 10.x.x.x space) All of the other APs, including another one on this same switch, are working fine. I've had the remote tech do a reset, both holding reset until the status light goes red, and until amber. A packet capture shows the only packets coming from that AP being CDP and DHCPv6 solicitations.

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Are you positive that the tech performed the reset correctly? Having console while performing a reset is the best way. 10 seconds but not longer than 20 seconds is the way to erase and set everything back to factory. I would also test the cable and make sure everything is okay. The Meraki switch can do a cable check, but a true fluke test would be better since the AP is probably mounted outdoor and or the cable might have some corrosion. Does a laptop connected to the cable get an ip? Can you tell us what troubleshooting was done besides using the reset button?
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

It was new out of the box and being set up on bench before being installed. Turned out to be a bad AP; got RMA.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card