Views
Helpful
Replies

Apple Itunes sync over autonomous AP

curtiswebb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I have searched high and low on these forums and Google with no solution.

I have a small brance office that we recently upgraded from a small Linksys soho router to a Cisco 881 with an autonomous 1142n AP.

The users need to be able to sync apple iPod / Iphone devices to a Macbook pro computer using iTunes. This was automatic with the Linksys.

Now with the new router and AP, the option is greyed out in the Apple devices.

Both the AP, SSID, Apple iDevice, and macbook are all on the same subnet and vlan.

I have tried to disable IGMP snooping in global config mode on the AP with no change.

Would someone please be able to provide me with a command listing to get this seemingly simple process to work?

Thank you,

Curtis

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Make sure you have igmp snooping and multicast routing enabled on the router. Also make sure you are running v12 code on the autonomous AP, v15 seems to break bonjour.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Make sure you have igmp snooping and multicast routing enabled on the router. Also make sure you are running v12 code on the autonomous AP, v15 seems to break bonjour.

-Scott

Scott,

My AP was running v15 code - I downgraded to v12 code without any change.

I plugged the old Linksys router into the 881 and disabled DHCP on the Linksys (turning it effectively into an AP) and all bonjour services worked correctly.

Looks like I'm still off on the 1142 here - any thoughts?

Thanks

Curtis

Scott,

Scratch that - I simply had to toggle igmp snooping on the AP and the 881 Router.

So to summarize this in case others have this issue:

1. Downgrade autonomous AP from v15 to v12 code.

2. Perform a no ip igmp snooping on the AP

3. Perform a ip igmp snooping on the Router

4. Perform ip multicast-routing on the router.

5. Disconnect all devices from the AP, reconnect. Bonjour / iTunes sync working as expected.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Glad you got it working!

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card