Views
Helpful
Replies

Ask the Experts: iPads on Your Network

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Read the bioWith Saurabh Bhasin

Welcome to the Cisco Support Community Ask the Expert conversation. This is an opportunity to learn about iPads on Your Network and how you can securely on-board employee-owned devices while protecting your network with Cisco expert Saurabh Bhasin. Saurabh has been involved with various wireless technologies over the years, since the first days of 802.11 becoming a standard and, more recently, with the evolution of the wireless industry to 802.11n. Saurabh has been with the Cisco Wireless Networking Business Unit for about five years, and in this role, he has worked closely with Cisco technology partners (enabling advanced services over wireless networks), leading key architectural features and training various members of the Cisco and partner community in person or through the numerous papers he has authored. Most recently, Saurabh has been leading the product strategy for Cisco's network management efforts. In his past, Saurabh has also authored numerous articles for reputable industry publications, and contributed to open source projects.

Remember to use the rating system to let Saurabh know if you have received an adequate response.

Saurabh might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Remember that you can continue the conversation on the Wireless,Other Mobility Subjects discussion forum shortly after the event. This event lasts through August 26 , 2011. Visit this forum often to view responses to your questions and the questions of other community members.

36 Replies 36

Saurabh,

Thanks for the reply. I'd love to know how Cisco achive this and how I can implement it using ISE. Can you point me to the right document where this is outlined.

Regards,

Eoin.

MARLIE JOSEPH
Level 1
Level 1

In looking at the comments to your post, should we think that Cisco is moving away from using the ACS as access authorization control.  Is ISE a replacement for ACS? If a company were to make an investment for new hardware would you recommend the ACS 5.x or the ISE? For VPN, wireless and network access/authorization.  Does this play well with windows 2008/ldap or active directory with multiple domains and trust relationships.

thanks

m-joseph,

Cisco ISE is the next generation identity and access control solution. New investments should certainly consider ISE but please do note that the ISE will subsume the ACS target use-cases over time as we work towards a multi-phase transition of the products. I'd certainly suggest evaluating current ISE capabilities to ensure it meets the use-cases you look to address.

-Saurabh

Thanks for your response. Did you give a talk on this for the discussion? I am looking for some more information.

If you're looking for some videos and addiitional information on ISE, please visit www.cisco.com/go/ise

Saurabh

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card