cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Atheros 928x and 7.0.116.0

ssaluga
Level 1
Level 1

I'm just curios if anyone else is having issues with the Atheros 9285 chipset in an HP Probook 4520s running 7.0.116.0 code?  We've got over 100 of these laptops with the Atheros Chipset and probably another 50 to 100 with the Ralink RT3090.  There are no issues with the Ralink RT3090's only the Atheros.

Specific problem is that the card will drop from the AP and then never reassociate.

Thanks,

Scott

3 Replies 3

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

what driver version are you running with the 9285?  According to http://wikidrivers.com/wiki/Atheros_AR5xxx/AR9xxx_win6x

the latest is 8.0.0.351.

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Hi Stephen,

I'm not quite sure of the actual version numbers but the original driver on the laptops were from 2009, we upgraded to version 9.20 when the issue first appeared then we went back to 1.10.  These are driver version numbers from HPs website.

Thanks,

Scott

k.godinez
Level 1
Level 1

My company had the same problem with an HP Thin Client and the Atheros driver.  It isn't the chipset you mentioned but the prblem is identical. I tried a number of driver versions but the problem persisted.  We moved the thin clients to Windows Zero Config and haven't had any more issues.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card