cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Basic wireless mobility domains (Control and Data Path Down)

Sam Jesberg
Level 1
Level 1

I am unable to get my 4402 and 2504 to pair in mobility, I made short video to explain my issues.

Any help is greatly appreciated, also do not worry there is no propritary information in this video, I am working on a lab that does not mirror any production networks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nVG1h12Y34

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wish people would do more videos:). Well it looks like the connection goes over the wan, so to test mobility, you use the mping and eping from the WLC cli.

Make sure that the DMZ and local WLC in the wired network are reachable. Use mobility pings (eping and mping) to test.

Mobility ping over UDP—This test runs over mobility UDP port 16666 and tests whether the mobility control packet can be reached over the management interface.

mping mobility_peer_IP_address
Mobility ping over EoIP—This test runs over EoIP - IP port 97 and tests the mobility data traffic over the management interface.

eping mobility_peer_IP_address
Note: Only one mobility ping test per controller can be run at a given time.

If there is a firewall present, make sure that the UDP port 16666 and IP port 97 are opened for communication between the WLCs.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

4402 Mobility IP = 10.60.1.9

2504 Mobility IP = 10.40.1.4

From the 4402 I get this output:

(Cisco Controller) >mping 10.40.1.4

Send count=3, Receive count=0 from 10.40.1.4

(Cisco Controller) >eping 10.40.1.4

Send count=3, Receive count=0 from 10.40.1.4

(Cisco Controller) >ping 10.40.1.4

Send count=3, Receive count=3 from 10.40.1.4

From the 2504 I get this output:

(Cisco Controller) >mping 10.60.1.9

Verify IP address belongs to a mobility peer

(Cisco Controller) >eping 10.60.1.9

Verify IP address belongs to a mobility peer

(Cisco Controller) >ping 10.60.1.9

Send count=3, Receive count=3 from 10.60.1.9

ok, so you showed the 4402 side of the Mobility group config.  Can you show us the 2504 side as well?

show mobility summary....and actually if you could post both 4402 and 2504 that would be awesome

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Yea I did not know you had to have the IP + MAC of every controller on every controller. I thought you just loaded one controller up with all the peers and it would work *the cisco guide was not clear on this. I added only added the 2504 IP+MAC to the 4402, when I went to add the 4402 IP+MAC to the 2504 the mobility went "up"

Thanks for your help guys !!!

Well glad you got it working.

-Scott

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So something is blocking IP 97 and UDP 16666. Make sure when your setting up your mobility group that you enter the correct MAC address. When you look at your mobility group the first entry is the MAC address for that WLC. You would use that when you enter the MAC address of that WLC on the other WLC's mobility group.

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card