Views
Helpful
Replies

BBSM memory upgrade ?

jening
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have an old BBSM server (BBSM-1190-K9) with win2000, that we hopefully will replace soon with ISE.
I have tried to upgrade the memory in the server but the problem is that the server refuse to start after I have changed the memory.
The original memory capsule is Apacer 512 MB ECC PC2-5300CL5, and we have tried with this....

Corsair Server DDR2 PC5300/667MHz ECC Reg. CL5 2GB
and
MT18HTF12872PY-667D2 BTC 1GB 240p PC2-5300 CL5 18c

..in the same slot without any success. There is no response at all on the screen, not even any pre boot messages or BIOS . Power on button only blinks slowly.
I have tried to find any solution in the documentation but haven't found anything.

Any suggestions on what the problem can be ?
All answers is appreciated 

2 Replies 2

dschlicht
Level 1
Level 1

I've searched extensively for answer to your question and am unable to find definitive answers. The closest I have come is finding several sites that list max memory for that appliance to be 512mb. So it could be entirely possible this is accurate.

What I would do is since the box runs windows, go to www.crucial.com and do a memory scan. This should be able to tell you based on hardware what max ram is per slot. But, there is also good chance this tool will not work on such an old os.

I wish you luck!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

I start to believe the same thing with the 512mb limit. I will try to find that size and test with it.

Thanks

Br

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card