We have an issue with a pair of 1300 bridges. BrA is a root bridge that also supports clients. BrB is a non-root bridge. BrB frequently loses association with BrA but clients remain associated with BrA. The distance between bridges is about 75M, we are using AIR-ANT 2506 antenna at each end. We've tried different antenna, cables, left & right connectors, etc, etc but without much luck. We've updated the firmware with the latest (14th April) which has improved things but it's still flakey.
Use this config
BR(config)# mobile station
When you enable this setting, the workgroup bridge scans for a new parent association when it encounters a poor Received Signal Strength Indicator (RSSI), excessive radio interference, or a high frame-loss percentage. Using these criteria, a workgroup bridge configured as a mobile station searches for a new parent association and roams to a new parent before it loses its current association. When the mobile station setting is disabled (the default setting) the workgroup bridge does not search for a new association until it loses its current association.
Thanks for the response. Since my original post we've gone waaaaaaaay further down the troubleshooting road. We've involved Cisco TAC and after much research we believe the problemis due to spanning tree on the wireless interfaces intermittently shutting the interface down. We've just disabled all spanning tree settings on all the bridge interfaces (the switches behind the bridges can take care of ST) and so far so good.....it's been up for a whole hour as I type.
Watch this space....