cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C9105AXI-Z keeps dropping to 9800-CL controller after a WAN outage

itinfralchs
Level 1
Level 1

We have just rolled out our new AP's C9105AXI-Z connecting to our 9800-CL via Flex Connect. We have found an issue when the WAN link to a site goes down and then recovers (mainly due to ISP maintenance) the AP goes into a constant disjoin/rejoin phase until we manually reboot the AP. During this, I can still ping the AP perfectly fine without drops, just it constantly drops registration to the 9800 controller and users connecting to these AP's are unable to get an IP via DHCP. 

Jan 10 03:20:28.212: %CAPWAPAC_SMGR_TRACE_MESSAGE-5-AP_JOIN_DISJOIN: Chassis 1 R0/0: wncd: AP Event: AP Name: *********** Mac: *********** Session-IP: *********** CAPWAP DTLS session closed for AP, cause: DTLS server session shutdown
Jan 10 03:20:39.084: %CAPWAPAC_SMGR_TRACE_MESSAGE-5-AP_JOIN_DISJOIN: Chassis 1 R0/0: wncd: AP Event: AP Name: *********** Mac: *********** Session-IP: *********** CAPWAP DTLS session closed for AP, cause: DTLS server session shutdown

9800-CL - 17.6.4 (Latest firmware)
C9105AXI-Z - 17.6.4.56 (I think is latest?)

Ironically, we had this same type of issue running on our old AIR-AP183I-Z-K9 connecting to the old 5500 controller. Was hoping the upgrading of AP model and controller would have solved this issue. 

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Have a look at this document for troubleshooting AP  connectivity issues : https://logadvisor.cisco.com/logadvisor/wireless/9800/9800APJoin
              |Also review  the current  9800-CL configuration with the CLI command : show  tech   wireless , have the output analyzed by  https://cway.cisco.com/tools/WirelessAnalyzer/  , please note do not use classical show tech-support (short version) , use the command denoted in green for Wireless Analyzer.               Checkout all advisories!  This tool can also make you aware of the RF environment such as coverage holes , APs having issues. It is advised to use WirelessAnalyzer on a regular basis afterwards, even if problems get resolved by it.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

Check the MTU all over the path looking for changes in size.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card