Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can a WLC redirect HTTPS traffic in a CWA environment

Hi Guys.

Regarding with ISE, CWA and WLC, I 'm seeing that when you connect to the SSID and open your navigator, if the URL is an HTTPS URL the traffic is not redirected to the ISE Portal using CWA. I though that the WebAuth Proxy Redirection Port option of the WLC only works when It has the portal (LWA) but not in CWA.

I only found information about the redirection of the traffic when is a HTTP connection (port 80).

Is it possible to redirect HTTPS traffic in a CWA deployment??, most of my users use Google Chrome and, in some scenarios, any search using Gooogle is in HTTPS mode and the captive portal is not shown.

Thanks.

Best regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, the WLC is not able to redirect HTTPS pages.

You can however add other ports(other than 80) that can be redirected incase of proxy etc.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, the WLC is not able to redirect HTTPS pages.

You can however add other ports(other than 80) that can be redirected incase of proxy etc.

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Thanks Stephen, as expected.

Best Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card