cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can a Workgroup bridge 352 act as a LEAP client (supplicant) ?

jacky.reinbold
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible for a WGB in Version 8.84 to act as a LEAP client (supplicant) instead of the connected client NICs in the workgroup?

This question is as important as the workgroup could be composed of IP Cameras or other IP devices who could not act as a LEAP Client.

Thank you

Jacky

3 Replies 3

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

According to the documentation (and the Wireless test question pool), No.

The WGB can only pass traffic to the AP, it's up to the end-device to provide its own authentication (LEAP).

Good Luck

Scott

Hi,

It is not so clear as it seems to be, because several CCO documents are introducing this LEAP ability of the WGB but none of them give details.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps458/products_data_sheet09186a0080088833.html

"For authentication of devices attached to the workgroup, a username and password may be stored in the workgroup bridge in either static or dynamic memory. When authenticated, the workgroup bridge receives a single-session, single-user encryption key from the Remote Access Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) server via the associated AP. With this centralized and standards-based architecture, wireless security scales to meet the requirements of any enterprise."

AND

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/cc/pd/witc/ao1200ap/prodlit/wrsec_an.htm

"Figure 6: Workgroup Bridge Security Configuration"

What do you mean about ??

Jacky

From your first link - (quote)"With this centralized and standards-based architecture, wireless security scales to meet the requirements of any enterprise." (End Quote)

LEAP is not a "Standards-based architecture," It's Cisco proprietary.

The line after that talks about 128 bit WEP keys.

I think they are talking strictly about WEP (with the option of a WEP key issued by a radius server).

The second link does confuse the matter some. I see that there is a section for how to set up LEAP login for the WGB350.

I don't know. As I said, they made a/some test questions asking exactly this question and the correct answer for the test was "NO" with the explaination that the attached client is the supplecant.

I'll ask about it next time I call the TAC with a wireless question.

Good Luck

Scott

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card