cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can CBW 200 be managed by EWC 9100 Catalyst?

bryalbsot1
Level 1
Level 1

This might be a simple question to answer but basically, I am trying to confirm if whether or not a 240AC AP can be managed by a 9105 Catalyst AP that has embedded controller capability.

From what I can tell, and based on what I can confirm on my own from the available documentation and available access to management console for the 240AC, I do not think the 240AC was designed to be managed via a controller as I do not see any page or means to do such a thing.

This makes sense to me as the 200 series is small business line but having seen what 500 series supported (i.e. clustering), I am disappointed.

We're trying to figure out how we can centrally manage our few 240AC APs that are only at one site and unlike 500 series which kind of made it easier to manage and replicate configuration across a cluster, I don't see this same option in the same way on 240AC.

There is a page Cisco has somewhere that compares clustering to mesh between 200 and 500 series and I believe that was the idea they had there for centralized management? Just using mesh for 240AC but AFAIK you can't push new firmware to subordinate nodes from single management interface console or push/set the same config that 500 series clustering could.

So then we looked at what could then feasibly give us some form of centralized management for these APs and it doesn't look like EWC will do that for these.

Ideally, we need a way to centrally manage our 240AC APs that allows setting WLAN config, security (AAA, 802.1X, syslog, snmp), wireless settings, pushing firmware updates---all from single management console (web).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No it can not.

For reference here is the Cisco Wireless Compadibility Matrix: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html 

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- The Small Business Series APs can not be managed by EWC based controller (AP)  , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No it can not.

For reference here is the Cisco Wireless Compadibility Matrix: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html 

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card