Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I have more then One Web Authentication Instance

olavarr69
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

We are currently using External Web Authentication to ISE for three SSIDs.  However, the customer wants to add a 4th SSID where guest users reach a Web Portal, they are prompted for an Email Address, and then AUP and then they get Internet access.  I know we can present the option to enter an Email address by doing Web Passthrough on the Controller internal Captive Portal.  However, we're already pointing to ISE for the other SSIDs.  Does the Controller Support having an Internal Web Authentication for one SSID, and external Web Authentication for another SSID? Can we have more than 1 instance of Web Authentication on the Controller, so I can do Internal Web Auth for one SSID and External Web Auth for another SSID?  Is this Doable and if so how?

Thanks....

Please see below, pointing to an External ISE server for three SSID's currently, but would like to turn up a 4th SSID and do Web Auth type internal for that SSID.  We're tunneling everything to the DMZ Anchor controller.

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes you can have another SSID using the WLC internal WebAuth or passthrough.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

olavarr69
Level 1
Level 1

Scott,

How?  I don't see what option to manipulate to be able to do this? 

I don't know what you have created yet.... if you create a new WLAN, you can set that up for webauth or passthrough with email.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Thank you again..  I'll have to play around with it some more and see where I can do that.  But now at least I know it does support doing external Web Auth and Internal Web Passthrough for another SSID.

,Angel...

You have 3 SSID's pointing to ISE, you want to create a new SSID that uses passthrough with email address, correct?  This is how you can control it... your using 4 different SSID's names correct?

2-3-2014 2-21-17 PM.jpg

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Scott,

Thanks so much, this makes sense now.  Again, thanks for your awesome help and support....

No problem!  Can you mark it answered... this helps when other search for an answer.

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card