Views
Helpful
Replies

Can see WLAN-name but cannot connect

Paul113331
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community,

I have my new configured vWLC with 8 APs up and running.

I changed the name of the default wlan to "CiscoTesting" and set the PSK password. I didn`t change any other settings.
The default settings are WPA2 no dhcp required. And many other settings I don`t understand. When it is important I can post pictures of the settings of vWLC.

The problem is, that no client can connect to the network. When I connect to the network the password question is popping up, I enter the correct password but failure. Cannot connect to network.

I tried several different passwords on the vWLC as well. Didn`t work.

I didn`t change any settings on the APs, but set the AP-mode to FlexConnect. Local is not working with Virtual WIreless Controller.

vWLC Firmware: 8.0.110.0

APs: AIR-CAP702I-C-K9

Hopefully anybody can redirect me to the right direction

Thank you

Best regards

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Paul,

If that is the case I would take a "debug client <client_mac_address>" & see if that gives any hint. This may give some help on what you should see under normal condition

http://mrncciew.com/2014/10/17/wlc-client-debug-part-2/

Pls attach the debug output in the next response, if you need a help to review it

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

If you set to security "none" (open authentication), are you able to connect clients successfully ? Test that first & let us know

HTH

Rasika

Okay thank you for the tip.

Without any security I can connect.

So I tried to change it back to security: "WPA + WPA2"

Mac Filtering not checked, PMFDisabled, WPA Policy not checked, WPA2 Policy-AES is checked, Authentication Key Management only PSK enabled PSK Format ASCII password "WhyIsItNotWorking876"

But then I can not connect.

Hi Paul,

If that is the case I would take a "debug client <client_mac_address>" & see if that gives any hint. This may give some help on what you should see under normal condition

http://mrncciew.com/2014/10/17/wlc-client-debug-part-2/

Pls attach the debug output in the next response, if you need a help to review it

HTH

Rasika

Thank you for your reply.

After hours of searching I have found the problem on my zywall firewall. 

Although there is the latest firmware installed (3.30) there is a bug in the DHCP server. I know this belongs not to cisco but maybe it is helpful for another person.

Every time when I configured another vlan or changed, added an ip addresses on the zywall firewall the firewall needs a reboot! Otherwise the dhcp server is not working properly. Therefore rarely but sometimes I could connect to the network surprisingly.

So it is not a configuration failure on the vWLC.

Thank you all

Great product :-)

gohussai
Level 4
Level 4

create new WLAN/SSID with open authentication and check if you can see it ,also make your WLC DHCP server internal to make things easy for tesitng.

You can also troubleshoot using "debug client <client_mac_address>" as mentioned earlier. But he above I normally do for testing.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card