Views
Helpful
Replies

can't add my new license on my cisco 2500 wireless controller

Damien ARNAUD
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

i already have 25 license installed on my Cisco 2500 wireless controller.

but when i need add my new bundle license, i can't see him on my admin panel.

i following this steps for installing my new license :

1- i go on WLC panel

2- management => software activation => commands

3- i select "install license"

4- i setting a correct path 

5- when i clic on "install license", i can see two following message : "File transfer operation started" and "Installation Process Completed ". but when i go on "licenses" i can't see

tanks for help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Serge,

Thank you for the reply.

For the new license, as I can see it is 15 AP, and what I am sure about that you need 40 AP, and you purchase this license to increase the AP count, but in fact you cannot  install license with lower AP count than the used one, so what you need to do it to contact the Cisco licensing team, and ask them to provide you 40 AP count license, and then you can try the same procedure that I provided to you, and it will work fine after that.

Kind Regards

Mohammad Setan

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Did you reboot the WLC ? That is the last step of a license installation.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-0/configuration-guide/b_cg80/b_cg80_chapter_011.html#ID308

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses****

thanks for reply

yes i restart my WLC

moh_setan1988
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Serge,

In case you have another license installed on the controller with higher license than the one that you are installing, then the license installation will fail.

In case you want to install a new license with higher number of AP count, then you can install it, then save and reboot the controller.

Also I noticed when you install a new license and the summation of the previously installed license and the newly installed license is exceeding the max allowed AP count on the controller, then the installation will fail.

In such scenario, deactivate the current license by making the evaluation license priority to high, then after that install the new license and then change the priority to medium and make the evaluation license to low in addition to the previous license.

Kind Regards

Mohammad Setan

thanks for reply

"In such scenario, deactivate the current license by making the evaluation license priority to high, then after that install the new license and then change the priority to medium and make the evaluation license to low in addition to the previous license."

same problem after trying your solution

Hi Serge,

Can you please copy the output of "show license summary", and also provide me the AP count for the new license?

Kind Regards

Mohammad Setan

My new license is for 15 AP

Hi Serge,

Thank you for the reply.

For the new license, as I can see it is 15 AP, and what I am sure about that you need 40 AP, and you purchase this license to increase the AP count, but in fact you cannot  install license with lower AP count than the used one, so what you need to do it to contact the Cisco licensing team, and ask them to provide you 40 AP count license, and then you can try the same procedure that I provided to you, and it will work fine after that.

Kind Regards

Mohammad Setan

ok tanks i will contact Cisco 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card