cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't log into CLI on new 9120AXI

john.loh
Level 1
Level 1

I can get console output on my terminal but my (new-out-of-box) 9120AXI just keeps trying CAPWAP Discovery over and over again.  I have seen login prompt once but it won't let me log in.  I want to set this up with EWC.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Worked it out.  It was the terminal emulator.  For some reason SecureCRT does not work with console to AP.  Putty worked a treat.  

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
What error message do you see/get when attempting to log in?

no error message from logging in - just endless output of "ipv6 gw config loop in Ac discovery" and "CAPWAP State: Discovery".  

Unless you purchased the 9120 with the EWC sku, then most likely it’s functioning as a capwap ap. This means that you have to convert the 9120 to EWC. Here is a guide that will explain the conversion. You can also search “capwap to EWC” and you will find additional information and blogs on the conversion.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/ewc/16-12/config-guide/ewc_cg_16_12/conversion_and_migration.html
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Worked it out.  It was the terminal emulator.  For some reason SecureCRT does not work with console to AP.  Putty worked a treat.  

I use SecureCRT and have had no issues with access on the 9120/9130’s.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card