Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't pass traffic when in centrally switched wlan using vWLC

Im using 1131AG AP.

Locally switched WLAN don't have problem.

Authentication used:  open/wpa-psk/wpa2-psk

Pinging the IP Address of the vWLC dynamic interface (WLAN-SSID Mapping) is ok, but with the gateway failed.

Any ideas how to solve this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have the networks in VM configured correctly.  This is tough, because now we have to see how your VM environment is setup.  

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have the networks in VM configured correctly.  This is tough, because now we have to see how your VM environment is setup.  

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Hi Scott, let me check on this.. For sure I've configured the vWLC Data Port in promiscuous mode.

What I'm not sure of is if they are sitting on the same Virtual Switch..

I'll let you know then.. Thanks.

Thanks Scott, you are correct. My VM Network was incorrectly configured.

But what I don't understand is that, the working config of my vWLC Data Port was mapped to vSphere Standard Switch whereas not working was at vSphere Distrubuted Switch and they have the same configuration (promiscuos mode - accept). I didn't touch the vWLC Service Port which is right now connected to a vSphere Distrubuted Switch with different uplink and is disconnected.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm not an ESXi expert, but I created a new network just for the service port an then I created networks for each of my centrally switched vlans. That is how I have mine configured.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

I'm not an ESXi expert too.. Anyway, it looks like you are using vSphere Standard Switch.

Yes that is correct. I can test it our later if you need me to.

-Scott

Greatly appreciated. Well if its ok with you to test.. I would love to hear the results..

Hi Scott, when you say "I created networks for each of my centrally switched vlans", what do you mean by this?

Are you not using the trunk port 4095? Please see my snapshot.

Did you create them on the vWLC. The SSID that these users are associating to, what interface are they mapped to?

-Scott

Yes. Its mapped in VLAN120 interface. Here's the screenshot.

Internet Firewall at my remote site is messing up with my CAPWAP tunnel.

I really don't know which port has been blocked. Afterall FlexAPs at remote site might need to unblock more ports other than UDP 5246/5247. Weird!!!

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm not an ESXi expert, but I created a new network just for the service port an then I created networks for each of my centrally switched vlans. That is how I have mine configured.

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card