cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't stream video on iPhone while connected to a 702w

kanansimpson
Level 1
Level 1

I'm new to Cisco wireless and just completed a complete Cisco upgrade. I have an issue where iPhones can connect to a 702W access point and browse general webpage content but cannot stream video. It's strangle. Here are the details.

I have a 702w broadcasting two ssids. One 802.1x enabled SSID and one open SSID. When connecting to the 802.1x enabled SSID on one ap, the iphone can browse webpages but cannot stream video (youtube etc). If the iphone connects to the open SSID of the same ap, everything seems to work properly.

If I connect the iphone to another 702W, it works as it should and is able to stream video on both SSID. Keep in mind, this is a WLC based solution and the access points are configured for the same ap group using the same configuration. So there shouldnt be a config difference b/w an AP that doesn't allows streaming and one that does. 

While connecting to the 702W that doesn't allow video stream for the iphone, I confirmed the device connected to the same AP and Channel when switching between the two SSIDs. The iphone connected to channel 161(5Ghz). 

This is only occurring with iphones (of course). I have the same issue on a iPhone 5 (v. 6.1.2) and a newer iPhone 6. So there is a difference in ios version.

has anyone experienced this?

Let me know if you need more details.

Kanan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I would swap this 702W with another 702W in your network & see problem follows (suspected 702W).

Based on your observation, this cannot be a generic issue & if problem follows the specific 702W it should be related to that AP

Did you try power cycling your 702W as well ?

HTH

Rasika

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

I would swap this 702W with another 702W in your network & see problem follows (suspected 702W).

Based on your observation, this cannot be a generic issue & if problem follows the specific 702W it should be related to that AP

Did you try power cycling your 702W as well ?

HTH

Rasika

Hey, Sorry for the delay response. I have tired swapping it out but no change. I'm planning to start the pcaps!

Thanks,
Kanan

Is the 5Ghz channel on the 702w that works the same as the one where the iphone connects to that doesn't?

Might be worth a try to change the channel.

Hey, I just swapped out the ap again and it appears to be functioning properly. Im not sure what this issue was but for now, it appears to be functioning. 

Thanks for the responses from all!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card