cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can the C9120AXI-B Be configured as a RAP.

Kandor
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I am trying to configure a mesh deployment using the C9120AXI-B as either RAP or MAP WLC code I have installed is 17.3.7 

The Code on the C9120AXI-B is 17.3.7.36 any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. 

The problem I am having - after making the mesh tags and sites, I still do not see the mesh tab when I select the AP for editing. 

5 Replies 5

Prince.O
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

In order to configure the AP with mesh configurations, it will need to be in bridge mode. However, the 9120 AXI Ap is not capable of operating in bridge/mesh mode. I would recommend using an outdoor AP to accomplish this.

An alternative can be to configure a WGB - Work group bridge mode on two Aps if you plan to use this indoors and need to connect some kind of wired device. See below:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/17-3/config-guide/b_wl_17_3_cg/m_ewlc_wgb.html

The 9120 AXI is compatible with configuring a WGB?

Hello,

I was able to do some testing with a 9130 AXI and found some more information on your queries. 

1. It does not appear to be capable of WGB mode. However, the guide I shared states the 9120AXI is capable of doing WGB mode. This is a difference in AP models and capabilities. You can confirm with your 9120 AXI by going into the CLI of your AP and running this command " ap-type workgroup-bridge" 
2. The 9120AXI is capable of mesh mode. You will need to change it to bridge mode with the command " capwap ap mode bridge" from the CLI

This is the prompt I get when I tried it - Bridge/Flex-Bridge mode not supported on this AP! ☹

oh okay thats unfortunate. That is not an option then. You can try the workgroup-bridge option then if that is supported for your model of AP.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card