cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot manage Cisco Business Wireless 240AC after reboot

K Casarez
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a rough time getting my new CBW240AC set up.  I can do the zero-day configuration just fine, and after the automatic reboot I have wireless network access and can manage the wireless network.  However, when I power off the access point and power it back on, it boots to the point of the alternating green, amber, red lights, which the manuals say indicates that it is trying to join the management network. But it never completes, even though it is the primary access point.  (Only one at present, actually.)  When it's in that state, I have wireless network access, but I cannot get in to manage the device or network at all.  Why won't it complete the boot process?

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Make sure to save the configuration after initial setup.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I might have missed that the first time, but I know I've done that on at least 2 of my other 3 "retry from scratch" attempts.  Or, I guess I should be more specific and say that I saw the prompt to save the configuration when viewing the Access Point settings; is there somewhere that I need to save a configuration at the management level?

- Using https://www.cisco.com/web/fw/tools/cisco-business/emulators/wireless/10-7-1-0/index.html , I can logon and go to Management and then press the Floppy Disk (look alike) icon to save the configuration.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card