Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot use SSH or Web GUI on Cisco WLC 3504

drzehak91
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Dealing with an extremely frustrating issue when trying to get a WLC 3504 set up. I have three vlans for my network VLAN 10, VLAN 2, and VLAN 3. VLAN10 is the network that hosts will connect to and VLAN 3 is my management vlan. Finally VLAN 2 would be used for CAPWAP between AP's and the controller. I have configured all of the interfaces, set trunks properly, and made sure routing is being handled. The issue I have is that I cannot access the web GUI through the network or SSH to the management IP. However I can ping the management IP from my laptop which is on VLAN 10 and the controller can ping the laptop. However when I use SSH nothing happens and when I navigate to the management address it doesn't even attempt to connect. I don't know why. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

did you configure the service port.
if so do you see the same behaviour when your laptop is connected directly to the service port with an IP address in the same subnet as the service port.

Have you tried from the other VLANs just incase it was a miss config

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Service port is configured and has no issues connecting to the gui. I have not tried from other vlans but I can ping the management interface from vlan 10 and get an immediate reply. Web access and ssh is enabled and the trunk allows all three vlans to the interface on the controller. I’m using port 5 for all traffic from the switch to the controller.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card