Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot using TFTP/FTP via Wireless

ittichai_a
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I have some question with TFTP/FTP when using WiFi. Our customer implement cisco wireless controller 2504 with 7.4.110 code. All user cannot using TFTP/FTP when associated wifi with WLC2504. It occur only doing TFTP/FTP on Wireless but LAN is work well. So, anybody have any issue or comment, please help

Thanks
V

13 Replies 13

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It shouldn't matter that you are on wireless, unless you are being blocked access to the resource, or maybe you need to adjust the MTU due to the packet size being too large.

To troubleshoot, you would want to do a packet capture of the WLC port and have a user try to do a TFTP/FTP and see if the sessin is being established or not.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That should work fine unless and ACL or FW is blocking TFTP/FTP.  The only thing I know is that you can't TFTP configuration/code from a wireless client associated to an AP on that WLC.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks All with your comment

Scott

I may confuse with "you can't TFTP configuration/code from a wireless client associated to an AP on that WLC" it means if i associated wifi on WLC, i cannot doing TFTP on that controller... correct? if yes... why it like that ?

Thanks

V

Note: FW have not block TFTP because i can TFTP on Controller via Wired but Wireless cannot

"I may confuse with "you can't TFTP configuration/code from a wireless  client associated to an AP on that WLC" it means if i associated wifi  on WLC, i cannot doing TFTP on that controller... correct? if yes... why  it like that ? "

Yes, that is correct.  The WLC, by default doesn't allow management via wireless. 

"Note: FW have not block TFTP because i can TFTP on Controller via Wired but Wireless cannot "

what do you mean here?

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Hi Stephen

WLC,by default doesn't allow management via wireless --- > I already turn on (allow)  management via wireless then, it should be using, right ?

let's me explain about note: -- > I already check the Firewall which have not any block with TFTP / FTP port, anyway i tried  TFTP / FTP to download configuraion on WLC via Wired, it work well. So, i tried to do the same thing but change to Wireless, I found that TFTP/FTP is not response.

Thanks

V

That is just how it is... so that means that you have to be on a wired machine in order to transfer files to and from the WLC.  It use to work back in the days and seems like they got rid of that in the newer code.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Hi scott

Well upgrade is the final answer ^_^ , anyway i will try and test again.

Thanks All

V

Wait... I didn't say upgrade:)  In the older code, you were able to transfer to and from the WLC when on the wireless.  On the new code, transfer will not work.  I guess you can try and see.

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

Hi scott

Oh !!! .... the new code is not work , right? do you know which code have this problem because now we using 7.4.110.

Well, i must go to 7.4.x because our AP is 1600 T_T

Thanks

V

On v7.6 i'm not able to tftp configurations from my WLC to my machine when associcated to an access point that is joined to that WLC.  On the wired side.... works fine.

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

Hi scott

Oh !!! no !!! ......... it should not be like that !! ...

so, i do not know how to solve the problem T_T

Thanks

V

All I can say is use a wired machine to do any TFTP/FTP transfers to and from the WLC.  There is nothing you can do unless Cisco decides to change how they code the WLC's.

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

Hi Scott

I think so ....... ^_^

so anyway i would like to say thank all with commen and answer

Thanks

V

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card