Replies

CAP702W - Trunk data port to controller

SAU KOO
Level 1
Level 1

Scenario

Home      -- >        Controller       -- >       Internal network

CAP702W              2504 WLC          

We can trunk all the wireless traffic (CAPWAP) from Home network to Controller which is in the office. is there any way that we can trunk the RJ45 port back to Controller. (with or without CAPWAP)  We are currently using OEAP600 that works well but with limitations. we like to use 702 as a replacement.

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 700's don't support OfficeExtend so there is not data encryption. You would need to use an indoor access point that supports OfficeExtend. 

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi,

Is there a way that I can trunk traffic to controller without data encryption.

You can connect an access point from home to a WLC but with no data encryption. I have tested this with my peer from all Alrounf he US. It all depends on the home internet ISP and the stability. 

-Scott

-Scott

Hi Scott,

I've used 702W CAPWAP to controller and that works fine (on the wireless side.) but with 702W, there is no function (at least i dont know of) to trunk RJ-45 traffic to Controller. Home ISP (ADSL) with normal l3 routing.

You can't trunk over an ISP link. What you would need to do is have a router on the home end and a point to point link. The AP600 allows to have 2 remote LAN connection along with a wireless connection back to HQ. 

-Scott

-Scott

Hi what current access point do you have right now at home? it would be best to look for a different model for this setup as this would not be possible. please send me a message at fguasque@cisco.com so can provide some alternatives that would work in this scenario.

Thanks,

Ferdinand Guasque

abwahid
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Please refer the below document for configuration help of office extender 600 series

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/aironet-600-series-officeextend-access-point/113003-office-extend-config-00.html#configure-wlans

gohussai
Level 4
Level 4

As mentioned earlier for AVC you can have a look for the link below.

http://mrncciew.com/2014/01/07/avc-protocol-pack-update/

BUT i think you better use Flex mode it will give you more options compare to Office extender mode.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card