Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 9800 HA | Select Primary

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

Hi community,

Is it possible to create HA redundancy and prefer a member to be selected as primary with Catalyst 9800 chassis? By default it is selecting lower MAC address.

Then, trying to remove HA is not helpfull as I kept both chassis with same name and IP addressing and, after reconfiguring HA, same behaviour, they remind previous config (Gibraltar 16.12.1). And the only way to delete it is throught GUI.

My problem is that lower MAC member is in the backup rack, so I want to make primary member the one with higher MAC (which owns the IP address I want to maintain as wireless management). After creating HA, the one with lower MAC, with non-desired wireless management IP, becomes the primary. I can change active member to the one that I want, and even renumber them, but wireless management IP address remains with the one configured in the secondary unit.

Regards.

Jesus

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

please go through the guide:

Configuring High Availability SSO using GUI

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-8/b_c9800_wireless_controller_ha_sso_dg.html#id_89553

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

please go through the guide:

Configuring High Availability SSO using GUI

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-8/b_c9800_wireless_controller_ha_sso_dg.html#id_89553

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

I already knew that guide.

The thing is I was using management IP for redundancy as well. Maybe some explanation about this one must be included in the guide becasue you cannot see RP IP address checking the config and that was misleading me.

RP IP address is a complete differnt IP address from the ones already configured. It can be non-routable, and it can be from RFC5737.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card