cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCKM Authentication Problem...

svanhandel
Level 1
Level 1

Having a CCKM issue that is really annoying my customer. TKIP is configured with CCKM and is using LEAP for authentication. A WDS is setup and works great except for these issues. Clients attach and roam but 1-2 twice a day up to 6-8 times a day, clients authentication fails. The logs show "CCKM authentication fails" and the client drops. Moments later, the client associates correctly and everything resumes. All client adapters are at 2.6.0.1 while AP's are at 12.3.8 (not JA2). From the event logs, I pieced together that the client roams to a new AP, Deauthenticates from the existing AP, Reassociated to the new AP (CCKM Fast Roaming) then is Deauthenticated Reason: Previous authentication is no longer valid, and then finally reassociates to the new AP (the one roamed to) successfully with CCKM.

I have submitted a TAC case and they are giving me the obligatory, "check the network card duplex" answer and I need something firm. The application they are running will not tolerate drops at all. If this system isn't solid, the customer is fully ready to remove all the Cisco AP's and go with another company.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card