cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing an existing web auth page

MikeM-2468
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a WLAN using web auth and everything works ok.  I'd like to change some of the text on the login page.  Looking through the docs, I don't see a way to download the existing web auth bundle so that I can edit it.  What's more confusing is that all the references to download actually mean downloading to the controller, not from the controller.  When I look at the upload options (assuming that's how I'd get the files from the controller to my pc), there is no option to download (er.. upload) the web auth bundle.  This is on a 5500 v.7.0.98.0.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dmantill
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Mike

Well you are totally right.

There is not way to get the bundle from the WLC.

Since you are the ADMIN you should have a copy of the bundle.

If not, access the web auth page and save the files to your computer edit these so you can later place these again in the WLC.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

dmantill
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Mike

Well you are totally right.

There is not way to get the bundle from the WLC.

Since you are the ADMIN you should have a copy of the bundle.

If not, access the web auth page and save the files to your computer edit these so you can later place these again in the WLC.

I don't have a copy of the bundle. It was configured by a consultant and I didn't know I needed a copy - or that I couldn't just download it like I could any other config.  Can I download and upload just the login.html file?

nop, you need to download to the WLC the full bundle.

If you have access to the WLC you can see all the files that are on the bundle and then download these while you are trying to do the web authentication.

I have access.  Is there a doc that explains clearly how to see all the files?

Unfortunately, no there is no document about this.

Whenever you create a new WLAN on the WLC and you enable web auth there should be an option to select the authentication login html file.

So then when you click on the dropdown menu it should show up all the files that are inside the bundle. Then you can manually download those files by doing a preview or I just if you use the virtual IP address you might be able to get those files.

Turns out it was pretty easy.  There were only three files in the bundle.  I copied the souce, made the changes, tarred them up and

downloaded them to the controller.  Piece of cake.

Great!

mark this thread as solved and rate the post.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card