Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing IP Address Controllers

igorromanluz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

Own two 5508 controllers operating in HA SSO. Became necessary to accomplish the change of addressing these. Both addresses will remain the same subnet, however the question arose whether to undo the HA configurations or is there a way to alter these addresses without removing these settings. 

Thank you.

Igor Luz

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You'll need to break HA, change the IP address of the Management and the Redundant Management (as necessary).  

Hi Leo Laohoo

Thanks for your reply. I'll be performing the adjustments. 

hugs.

Igor

Leo is correct... Disable AP SSO and reconfigure the management IP address for both. You can change the AP's high availability for the primary WLC with the new IP address also before your break AP SSO and change the IP address. This way the AP has the info.

Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

ammahend
VIP
VIP

If 

The new IP is going to remain in same subnet

Gateway is going to remain same

Redundant peer IP is going to remain same.

then on the active controller you can go ahead and change the IP, and it will be overwritten on the standby, you might not have to break redundancy.

your AP's however need to re-register, option 43 and DNS entry have to be changed.

Let me know if it worked for you

***Rate all useful posts***

-hope this helps-

Hi Ammahend,

Thanks for your reply. 

The Subnet will change, for example, will 10.10.xx/24 network to network 10.20.xx/24. 
I believe if you change the subnet, you must disable the HA controllers. Correct or not you need to disable. 

Thanks for all the support. 

Igor

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card