Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1832i L2 Error Detected!

orangel2905
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys!

I have 6 APs 1832i and a WLC both of them version 8.2.151.0. One of these AP stopped working a days ago blinking red,amber and green, I rebooted, changed cables, etc, but nothing worked. I just updated to V 8.10.151.0 but in the booting process I'm getting this and then it fails:

L2 Error Detected!

L2ESR = 0x00010001

L2ESYNR0=0x0200819c

L2ESYNR1=0x04868104

L2EAR0=0x0e1ac0f2

L2EAR1=0x0000002

CPU bitmap=0x1

it boots again by itself with this message:

QCA crashdump found. No WDOG context, ignored.

Can anyone help me?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Most likely a faulty access point which needs replacement :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless/air-ap1852e-b-k9-l2-error-detected/m-p/4386750

ends with :               ...Hello. Cisco replaced our WiFi access point via SmartNet....

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would suggest to approach Cisco TAC. These logs can be understood by internal cisco teams only. If you doubt this could be due to a bug you can do a search yourself.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Most likely a faulty access point which needs replacement :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless/air-ap1852e-b-k9-l2-error-detected/m-p/4386750

ends with :               ...Hello. Cisco replaced our WiFi access point via SmartNet....

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

hanificetindag
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
First of all, I tried hard to fix this error and finally found the defective part on the device that caused this problem.
The cause of the problem is due to the Wifi card on the device.
I replaced the card with the card of a broken device.
After resetting and starting the device again, you need to make a few necessary definitions, otherwise the device will not recognise the wifi card and will fail.

After installing the new card, we reset the device and stop the automatic configuration.
Then we type and run the following commands in order:
saveshenv boot part1
setshenv boot part1
saveshenv
boot

after the device has done the configuration;
With the sh run command, we check the config information of the device, if we have a wifi controls device, you can manually configure it and enable the device to log out to the internet.

Manual definition commands:
username: Cisco
Password: Cisco

enable
Password:Cisco
capwap ap ip 0.0.0.0.0 (your ip block) 255.255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0.0 (gateway)
capwap ap hostname TEST
capwap ap primary-base TEST_WiFiController 0.0.0.0.0 (wifi controls ip)

card.jpg

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card