Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2500 WLC with LAP1041N

loonphang
Level 1
Level 1

hello there,

we are trying to set up mesh network using 2500 controller and 1041n controller based AP.

Can someone tell me if the AP will support mesh network?

Can 1041N be set as root AP? Do i need 1300 series AP?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

daviwatk
Level 3
Level 3

The model you have mentioned: AP1041n, does NOT support MESH.

For a controller environment, 5GHZ is the radio used for MESH back-haul, so it would not be able to allow this device to be configured as "bridge" (ie. MESH)

You should be able to accomplish this with a 1042 or just about any other AP with both 2.4 and 5GHz radios, in conjunction with 7.0 code.

EDIT: From your WLC GUI, Navigate to WIRELESS >

From the "General" tab, if you drop down the "AP Mode" option box and see "Bridge", then it's supported.  If you do not see "Bridge", then it is NOT supported.  That's probably the very easiest way to confirm this for you.

View solution in original post

Thanks for the corrections, David.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Can someone tell me if the AP will support mesh network?

Yes.   Mesh networking employs Cisco Aironet 1500 Series outdoor mesh access points and indoor mesh access points (Cisco Aironet 1040, 1130, 1140, 1240, 1250, 1260, 3500e, and 3500i series access points) along with the Cisco Wireless LAN Controller, and Cisco Wireless Control System (WCS) to provide scalable, central management, and mobility between indoor and outdoor deployments. Control and Provisioning of Wireless Access Points (CAPWAP) protocol manages the connection of mesh access points to the network.

daviwatk
Level 3
Level 3

For a controller environment, 5GHZ is the radio used for MESH back-haul, so it would not be able to allow this device to be configured as "bridge" (ie. MESH)

You should be able to accomplish this with a 1042 or just about any other AP with both 2.4 and 5GHz radios, in conjunction with 7.0 code.

EDIT: From your WLC GUI, Navigate to WIRELESS >

From the "General" tab, if you drop down the "AP Mode" option box and see "Bridge", then it's supported.  If you do not see "Bridge", then it is NOT supported.  That's probably the very easiest way to confirm this for you.

Thanks for the corrections, David.

Thank you so much!!!!!

thanks for all your help.

My Pleasure; be sure to mark your question answered.  Thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card