cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2602I with vWLC does not forward traffic

Georgii
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys, can someone give me advice about this problem, please?

I have 2 2602 APs with vWLC. APs are connected to L2 access port and have joined the WLC.

I set up 3 SSIDs with 3 Vlans. When the client joins the SSID he receives IP from the VLAN's DHCP server.

The default gateway of each subnet is a router's subinterface which has access to the internet, through PAT.

The problem is that wireless clients can not get to the internet, but if i connect PC by cable to the switch, it receives

the same DHCP address and getting to the internet normally. Even if i connect two PCs to same SSID, they can't ping each other,

and can't ping wired connected PC which is in the same SSID. The peer-to-peer blocking rule is disabled. 

Regards, Georgii

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Here is my input from the information that you provided. The vWLC supports FlexConnect mode AP’s not local mode. So the AP’s have to be trunked to the switch since you have 3 vlans. Is this how you have your system implemented?
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I have connected APs to trunk and it worked, thank you for advice! 3 vlans has access to internet, but some clients can't connect to Internet although they receiving DHCP normally. Sometimes clients can ping each other in one SSID(one subnet,vlan), but sometimes the cant even do this. 

Well with FlexConnect, the traffic is sent to the switch and then the switch and router handles the traffic. If the device can get an ip, I don’t see any issue with the AP. Try with an open SSID and see if that works fine. If so, then it’s how you co figured your SSID.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
The DHCP scope for wired and wireless are the same subnet?

yes

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card