cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2702i Access Point wont connect to Controller.

cchristian64
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, simply looking for a little help here possibly point me in the right direction. We have 19 offsite Medical buildings. 18 Sites are working fine on same 5508 wireless controller. The problem site stopped working three days ago only one access point. I can take this access point back to main campus on same controller and it works fine. Back at the remote site the access point boots to operation ready solid green light. I can see its getting an IP address from DHCP at main campus and can ping it. I can also see SSID but cannot connect or can I see it on my controller. 

I'm thinking maybe this is specific to this particular offsite if so why? Its been working for years but this problem started 4 days ago. We are in the process of renewing our TAC support and yes I understand TAC support isn't here. Just need some ideas where I should look. 

Thank you 

CCC

6 Replies 6

If you check AP console log output while it is booting up and registering, you can get a clear idea of what's going on.

HTH

Rasika

Sorry for delay, %DTLS Client error: ../capwap/base_capwap_dtls handshake.c:929 Unexpected message received wile expecting HelloVerifyRequest.

%DTLS-5-SEND_ALERT: Send FATAL : Unexpected message alert to (0.0.0.0)<Controller Ip  :5246

%DTLS-5-SEND_ALERT: Send FATAL : Close notify Alert to (0.0.0.0)>Controller Ip :5246

This message rolls through all three controllers with the same output.

Controller version is 8.5.161.7 Model 5508. Again sorry in delay of answering.

Thank you

Xayyam.Gojayev
Level 1
Level 1

Which version is on your controller?

Thank you

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post the complete output to the following command: 

1. WLC: sh time
  2. AP:  sh version
  3. AP:  sh ip int brie

I will try to get these outputs tomorrow. Problem is the output is all in what appears to be Chinese. I have never run into this output problem before but will try again

Thank you

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card